Loco not listed in RailMaster

Guest Chrissaf

Have you got the very latest version of RM installed as HRMS often updates the loco database without ‘upping‘ the official version state. Download the update from the link at the top of the RM forum page even if it seems to be the same revision as yours, then install with Admin rights over your existing RM, no need to uninstall and reinstall your copy.

If Sunderland is still not there then just load any Class 66 TTS and if necessary compare and amend the sounds by hand in the setup screen. You can should be able to find a picture of Sunderland on one of the model shop websites and save it to your PC, then import it into RM to replace the picture RM provides for the loco you used as your template.

If you are unsure about how to do any of this it has been covered several times on the forum in the past and easily found by trawling the RM section pages - typically look for ‘my loco is not in the RM database’.

So my class 66 "Sunderland" with TTS sound is not listed on Railmaster.  I am currently running it using a different name in Railmaster but all the original sounds are not there. I am aware this locomotive is new so will it be added in a future update?

It seems to me, based upon the frequency of this question, that very few if any of the Class 66 & 67 TTS locos are in the Database.

Personally, I feel the worst thing you can do is select something significantly different in the database as an alternative as this usually ends up with operational issues. I spend much of my time trying to resolve user issues where they have taken that approach. Hence the development of my guidance below.

As Rob says, you need to 'Add the Loco Manually'. The RailMaster database is just a 'time saving aid' it doesn't have to be used. All but two of my locos had to be added manually as they are not Hornby locos.

If you need further 'How To' guidance, then these following threads cover the main aspects of adding and configuring locomotives in RailMaster.

For no loco found in the database, you need to follow the Tutorial for 'Manually Adding a Loco'.

Using RM to change the address of an existing Loco

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/cant-change-loco-cv-address/

Using RM to read and write CVs

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/problem-with-tts-decoder/?p=1

Manually adding a Loco to the RM Database.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3459tts-decoder-not-recognized-23469/

Full description of the ‘Locomotive Settings’ screen in detail.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/changing-cruise-and-shunt-speeds/?p=1

Here is an image of the R3902 Class 66 Sunderland that you can place in the RailMaster image folder to use. Just right click the image and use 'save as' to name the saved file. I suggest "R3902_Class66.jpg". Then you can load it into the loco configuration in RailMaster when following my 'How To' guidance above. The _ is important in the file name as RM doesn't like 'spaces' to be used.

/media/tinymce_upload/caae046ba4aba2b67375a0ec9a730020.jpg

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Particularly as my reply includes an image, using the 'Blue Button' may result in your reply being held back for image approval, even though it is an existing image.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum. TIPs include 'How to post images' and 'How to make links clickable'.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

It doesn't go in the Raimaster folder as such. It goes into the Railmaster 'Loco' sub folder.

You are probably not doing it right, I have just done it as a 'test' without any issues. I have included 'step by step' screen shots below to demonstrate. I have used Windows 10 'File Explorer' in this demonstration.

Firstly, RailMaster MUST NOT be running when you do this. If RM is running, then it won't work.

Screenshot 1 - This shows the folder that the image has to get copied into in my green highlight box. It is the 'Loco' sub folder of the main "program (x86) / railmaster" folder. You can see some of the default RM database loco images on the right hand side.

/media/tinymce_upload/348417fd97fddb00703234d90f615bc1.jpg

Screenshot 2 - In this screenshot I am dragging the loco image named "test.jpg" into the Railmaster / Loco folder.

/media/tinymce_upload/80d12e61d4cd31117046ddffa55c9b3a.jpg

Screenshot 3 - In this screenshot, after releasing the 'drag' mouse button, the 'Administration Permissions' dialogue pop-up box appears. You click the "Continue" button shown in my green highlight box. The 'Continue' button tells Windows that you are over-writing the Windows objections and forcing it to continue with the file copy / move function.

/media/tinymce_upload/053e7ae62aeb09f551ba630ec7ec7171.jpg

Screenshot 4 - This screen shot shows the 'test.jpg' image successfully saved in the Loco folder [bottom right corner]. I just called the image 'test.jpg' as a test. You will need to give the image file your own name such as the one I suggested earlier i.e "R3902_Class66.jpg"

/media/tinymce_upload/08409cb960d0ad34d6d23a3b6680e65b.jpg