Thank you, RailMaster/eLink working!

Dear Hornby Forum Community. 

For a year or two now my RailMaster and eLink have refused to communicate with each other. Once in a while I have tried to figure out the cause of the problem, but fail, and resort to a brief running session controlled by the Select! Not overly helpful due to limited functionality of sound locos. 

So the other day, with new found enthusiasm and a fair wind in my sail, I firmly stuck my head into these forums in search of solid answers. My journey was long and arduous and deeply protracted, but eventually RailMaster and eLink connected, and an A1 slowly began to crawl out of a dusty siding! 

So here's the thing, that would never have happened without the RailMaster forum, without the wisdom shared here, and the willingness of posters to spend their time helping others. 

So I write to this community to express my gratitude to you for your helpfulness in making my railway run again. And with a special nod towards Chrissaf for comprehensively explaining the existence of ini files! 

Thank you RailMaster Forum.

Alex. 

Thank you for the compliment. But I see from your posting history that you have never raised a question relating to your RM issues. I suggest that if you had, you could have had your issues resolved much sooner.

You are probably right and I take your point. That said, in a forum environment such as this I am inclined to try to find previously posted answers rather than asking a repeat question. Particularly as I had a number of issues, in addition to losing most of the ini files I had the often posted about communication port confusion. And before I could even begin to tackle any of that I had to reflow a dry solder joint on the PCB at the track output port on the eLink. So much fun....

Well done T79, points for:

-  Logical thinking

-  Forum search

-  Forum application

-  System setup

-  Fault-finding

-  Soldering technique

Unfortunately, playing trains ain't simple in this day and age.

I take it that solder joint is part of assembly rather than PCB manufacture.  If the flow soldering on board manufacture was producing dry joints the factory didn't then find, Hornby would be in major strife, possibly for a whole batch.