Fitting decoder to Gordon!

Guest Chrissaf

Given Gordon for Christmas. Very excited. Says it's Dcc Ready. Instructions say "to remove tender body unclip body and ease away from chassis". Please can someone tell me where is the "clip"? Been looking and can't see anything resembling a clip. Don't want to damage it.

Whilst you wait for a reply, perhaps you would spend a few minutes reviewing the TIPs in the TIP page link below:

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

The tender body is secured to the chassis frame by two lugs on each upper face of the frame locating in to slots on the inside bottom of the body sides.  These lugs can often be sprung by squeezing the front and rear of the body causing the sides to bow outwards slightly.  If that does not work, carefully introduce a blade between the bottom of the body and the top of the frame at one corner and work it along the side towards the centre, prising the body outwards.  The clips are located one- and two-thirds along each side.  Service sheet 424, downloadable via the Help & Advice dropdown menu illustrates both the loco and tender chassis.

• 1 month later...

Do you know virtually all the tenders I pull apart to fit the DCC decoder, I have difficulty getting apart. I don't know if the preparation of the paint/print on the tender leaves it tacky when it is assembled, but they are always difficult first time. After that they are easy to get apart.