Hornby Pullman Observation Car with Lights

andrew_hatch

Looking for advice - I purchased a new Hornby Observation Car from the Pecorama shop a couple of years ago, that ran ok on a loop but now on a track with points, the coupling is catching on points as it goes over. The photo below shows the "bar" that seems to hang down lower than the other carriages we have, that is catching and causing the coach to derail. Is there something wrong with this carriage? I have had this since new so like this from the factory. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

forum_image_603fbc6ccffde.thumb.png.f18d63f0ca07a9e01af1462992e4e053.png

To help with "close" coupling (as much as you can with normal tension locks) there is a mechanism that the coupling fits into; when working correctly this lengthens the coupling when the wheels turn.

If that mechanism pops out / gets fouled then the coupling will be pushed a little lower and you'd experience the effect you see.

If you turn the bogie, does the coupling extend and retract smoothly? (If you turn the coach upside down to watch it, beware of the coupling-arm fouling on the coach body:) )

The mechanism is between bogie and coach floor, so tricky to see...

I've got a couple of these cars (don't ask) but ttytt they do have some manufacturing differences between them.