Fitting TTS sound to Thompson A2

ColinB

I decided to fit sound to my new Hornby Thompson A2. Anyway as Hornby don't do a suitable TTS decoder and nobody seems to know what it sounded like, I decided to use a A1/A3 TTS decoder. Anyway normally I use Iphone speakers but for once I decided to use the round one included with the kit. When I came to fit the speaker in the mounting supplied I suddenly found that it wouldn't fit that well as Production had routed all the wires through it. Looking around I found underneath the DCC socket mounting there is an oval hole in the weight which was obviously meant to pass all the wires through. So in Production I suspect the idea was to wire everything up pass the wired DCC socket through the oval hole in the weight and then screw it down.Trouble is somebody redesigned the DCC socket PCB, which is a bit wider so it no longer passes through the slot. So they resorted to the old way of passing through the speaker hole. So in my case I had to do a rewire to get the speaker to fit properly. I just thought it was funny that they went to all that effort and still messed it up.