New to Group

Clem Ffandango

Hi Nick.

Welcome to the forum. You'll find many here in the same boat as you, returning modelers who've somehow built up quite a sizeable stash of unmade models. I'd recommend that you use some of those old kits to practice using some of the new paints and techniques you see on this forum and builds on you-tube.

One strange thing is, especially with returning modelers, even though you start with your stash hoping it'll get smaller, you'll find that a few months down the line you stash has inexplicably grown, as if those old kits have been breeding while you're not looking.

Seriously though, I've often thought the golden age was back in the 60's and 70's, but looking what's on the market these day it's amazing what's available and just the shear volume of subjects available. Not to mention all the new materials that are being made.

So, again welcome back to the wonderful, frustrating, and confusing world of plastic modelling. Remember there's no such thing as a stupid question we've all asked them, and this forum is just the place to ask.

Remember we do this for fun John the Pom.

Been modelling really since lockdown I used to do loads as a kid , spitfire the golden hind and general world war 1 and 2 models I unfortunately don’t have any pictures of my old model attempts.

now the grand old age of 47 and have attempted a few kits and dioramas. Looking forward to working on the Kate model and my spitfire and hurricane.forum_image_60789a8bb2163.thumb.png.6fd9f4c48093141164031b1f129ad775.png

Hi Nick

Nice work I particularly like the Stork. Is it the old Airfix kit, the only one that's molded with the to position undercarriage.

I had two of those plus the Heller and Academy ones but dished them when i had a clean-out last year.

I have two Airfix Stud III and the WW1 male tank together with an ACE kit of a 19118 155 cm cannon all waiting for priming. Hopefully I'll get around to them soon.

Remember we do this for fun John the Pom

Thanks for the feedback I enjoyed the storch I did find it quite a tricky kit ( due to the flimsy nature of the design - not from airfix but the fiesler original ) I know the paint work isn’t 100% accurate but was a bit of a step up from “ Rusty” the male Mark IV, another kit I did as a kid with my great grandad who was a RWF world war 1 veteran who fought at Mametz Wood.