Class 25's (old models) how to adjust the speed

stephen_o

Hi, I have 2 old class 25's with Ringfield motors, they are both converted to radio control with Deltang equipment. I want to double head with them but 1 is running much slower than the other. Is there any motor adjustments I can make to either slow the faster one down or speed the slower one up so that both run at an equal speed when I use the consist settings on the transformer.

**put into dcc because someone with dcc may well have done this.

Thanks

I have to say, that the reference to DCC is more than likely irrelevant. If a DCC user was faced with the same speed conundrum, then they would probably try to fix the speed synchronisation issue via the tweaking of DCC Configuration Variables [CVs] and not through physical tinkering with motors and drive train mechanisms and physical gearing. Not being familiar with Deltang radio control equipment, but I would expect that DCC has absolutely nothing to do with Deltang kit. Therefore I would be looking more towards the configuration options [if any] of the Deltang products you use to see if there are any configurable options available that are applicable to controlling the motor that might emulate what can be done with DCC CV adjustments. For example, start, mid and high voltage motor settings.