City of Sheffield drawbar bolt

ColinB

I have a City of Sheffield Duchess type loco which needed the drawbar bolt. I searched the Service Sheets to find it is part of the accessory pack. You cannot get the accessory pack any longer and it is not an easy bolt to make. I ordered the later drawbar that includes the bolt, but it is a different shape. I enquired at the Spares Suppliers and got basically no joy and got told it was discontinued. Well I am converting a Patriot loco, so that the DCC socket is in the tender as it is a bit of an issue squeezing the decoder into the loco , although there is room, there are issues with catching wires as you push the body onto the chassis. So to make things easier I order a tender bottom that has the cut out for the 4 pin socket. So I ordered X6388 and to my surprise it came with exactly the right drawbar bolt for my City of Sheffield. I still cannot figure why it is included with the tender as the tender bottom does not include the drawbar and I am sure it is too long for the tender mount.