Elite DCC & Brighton Belle lamps not working?

Eurostar127

No, all I get to show is 00, I can't get a single 0? I have just tried the Brighton Belle with my other Hornby HM2000 analogue controller and the lamps STILL do not work? The interior lamps should work even without a decoder fitted? I think the lamp wiring

in the Brighton Belle is faulty?

Take what back, the Elite Controller or the Brighton Belle? Ian Allan in London only had the one 1934 Brighton Belle in stock, they don't

have any more and not likely to get any more for some time, and I got this on special offer. Hornby should replace it for me!

Hi Eurostar, let's be specific about accessing the light function control F0 - with your Elite set to your Belle address such that you can control its speed, press the Function button (middle button, left hand side of the Elite display). You should now

have displayed F00-F09 (first page of your function controls) on the screen with your Belle address below. If so, press and release 0 on the keypad. A small 0 should now be displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Do you see that, and are the

lights now ON?
If you've done all of that, the 0 is displayed and the lights aren't on, you have a Belle light problem.
If you've done it and you don't have F00-F09 displayed with your Belle address below and 0 displayed at bottom left, you have an Elite

problem
Hope that helps.

Eurostar127,
I suggest the right next step is an email to Hornby Cust Care asking how the lamps are meant to operate.

I have read on other forums that there are two large leds that feed the lamps via fibre. There are only a few ways that these

leds can be operated:-
1) by connection to one of the decoder function outputs - the hornby decoders have 4 function outputs so worth trying all the options.
2) using (rectifying) the dcc feed - means the lamps would always be on
3) using the pwm

motor output to drive the leds. would mean that the lamps were on when the loco moved..

Just drop hornby a note and they can explain the situation. If the item is faulty they will also let you know what to do.

No your first port of call is with the retailer, Hornby do not have to do anything

Did you test the unit BEFORE putting a chip in?? ie Did the table lamps work on analogue?

if you are not sure how the lights should be switched on contact HCC. they will explain.

If indeed the unit is faulty then they will also be bale to give directions on what to do to get it fixed.

Very interested to hear the outcome.

Archived