Railmaster...Newbie nearly giving up

Hi 

Apologies to all the experts out there but I'm a fifty something who after many many years is looking to revive my old Model Railway hobby. 

A few years ago I had a number of gifts inc DCC locomotives and Hornby Railmaster kit. Whilst Im not a computer genius I'm equally not a luddite but cannot get Railmaster to work. I've tried all the on line help forums (and Hornby Railmaster) and spent days on trying to get it to work. Im not at the point of ditching the lot:(. Is there anybody whom lives near Preston (Lancs) who for a modest fee can assist me in getting this stuff to work......or should I give up?

Yours very frustrated

Thank you in advance 

I'm in Kent so too far away to provide on-site support, but if you were to outline your exact issues you are having with RailMaster then I might be able to offer you 'one on one' targeted advice through these forum pages.

This assumes that your issue is not relating to getting your RailMaster key activated, but more an issue of general setting up and loco configuration.

If I am able to help, I will need to ask a series of questions for which you must give me exact answers to the questions asked [as I am not looking over your shoulder and cannot see what you can see]. Subject to what the issue is that you are experiencing, the fix may be easier than you think.

PS - To answer, use the 'Reply' text box at the bottom of the page. The blue button with white arrow is not a 'Reply to this post' button.

I agree with Chris. Don’t give up. There are a few hard to find but easy to fix issues with initial correct setup of RM. It’s not plug and play in general.

And Chris is the resident expert on these issues, so you are in good hands with him. He’ll get you going.