Problems with Gaugemaster Next 18/ Omni

Lyd 85B

I recently purchased a new Bachmann 35-027 94XX Class loco and a Gaugemaster Next 18 Omni decoder, to go in it. In DC the loco runs perfectly, but as soon as I fit the decoder it runs in fits and starts and the firebox glow flashes on and off. Gaugemaster advised me to turn off DC running, back EMF and Railcom, but I am struggling to find the way to do that, and to understand why it should be necessary. I am using a Digitrax Zephyr controller and, despite having a wide variety of decoders, have never come across this problem before.

Use the CV 29 calculator below to find the value you need to write to CV 29 to disable DC operation and Railcom.

http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

You need to read the existing current value of CV 29 first, then enter this value in the 'Back Calc' calculation field on the website. This will populate the check boxes with the currently set CV 29 options, then uncheck the DC operation and Railcom check boxes to recalculate the new required value to write back to CV 29.

EMF is not controlled in CV 29, you will need to identify the EMF CV by reading the decoder manual.