RailMaster Point Type for Arcomora servo control

Hi - I have an Arcomora DCCNext decoder which I want to use with RailMaster, however I'm unsure as to what Decoder Type to select for the Point as there is is no entry for Arcomora. The Arcomora is a Arduino based decoder driving Servos.

Cheers.

Jeremy.

The Arduino is more than likely performing the conversion from NMRA Standard DCC Accessory Decoder commands to the electrical conditions to operate a Servo.

I'm sort of 95% sure that choosing the Hornby R8247 in the pull down decoder list will still operate your Arduino based decoder as the Hornby R8247 uses NMRA Standard Accessory Decoder commands. It won't do any damage to try, the worst that can happen is that the point doesn't work.

This assumes that the decoder address is configured without placing your Arduino decoder on the programming track to write an address manually to a CV. That is to say, that RM is only being used to operate it. I also assume that the Arduino is configured with an address by putiing it into a "Learning Mode" and then you send the operating address from RM for the decoder to teach it the DCC Address it needs to adopt. The decoder having learnt the sent address, internally sets the DCC Address CV itself as a result.

All "self learning" Accessory Decoders are usually compatible with RM using the R8247 selected option even if not listed in RM's database & pull down list.

Please use the reply text box at the bottom of the page to reply, not the blue button.

Thank you.