Hornby Pullman Coaches

robcat

I have a set of Hornby pullman Coaches which came from the great Western train set, these are the coaches with brass coloured lamps but not illuminated.

Taking them apart, the seats are really small for oo or ho people, i realise that I may have to cut legs off to fit but even the seat width is tiny.

I intend to light up the coaches with LED strip in the roof so the interior will have to be decorated. The problem is with cut off legs and very small seats this doesn't look easy for a good result.

I have fitted people to other Hornby coaches and the seats are relatively wide but these particular ones are so narrow!

Has anyone any experience or can help please?

Thanks

There is someone on eBay selling bargain packs of 100 seated people very cheaply which are quite basic but should be fine for the inside of a coach. They are available in OO and also 1/100 scale which the seller says will fit much better into OO coaches and the smaller scale isn’t obvious from the outside.

First picture to show just how poorly those figures are painted. The choice of colours is also rather questionable. I’ve not made any attempt to repaint as it’s beyond my capability, but I guess a thin coat of primer might make the job easier?

Second picture to show how the look in a lit carriage. I thought the poor quality could be hidden but unfortunately, I think it still shows so I stopped after 3 figures. I guess the size issue isn’t as bad as I thought but I guess they could pass for kids.

Third picture is of some other figures that I got from the large rainforest company. I think they’re made by Evemodel and are 1:87/ HO scale. It was £18 for 60 figures. Whilst they’re not the best, I feel this are acceptable for placing inside a carriage and definitely more wallet friendly than that of Prieser or Noch. I did have to chop some legs but this isn’t really noticeable from the outside and width wise they squeezed in my old Lima coaches ok. Just some strategic choice of figure placement required.

forum_image_62e7fb701361e.png.98bba126cef1b2eb17d96112b32a74c2.pngforum_image_62e7fb726b8f4.png.2dabeab0ff6c9737e924f6d588d2842d.pngforum_image_62e7fb751089c.png.f2b599b4c8384b8239a77fabd76b6b42.png