My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

Well it's certainly a different colour, Randall. What scheme is that?

This one is from the defenders of Malta sets, evidently they painted over the middle stone color with PRU blue.

I have an Extra Decal, decal set with another Spitfire the same colors.

Decals are by Kits world set 72217.

Randall

Well it's certainly a different colour, Randall. What scheme is that?

This one is from the defenders of Malta sets, evidently they painted over the middle stone color with PRU blue.

I have an Extra Decal, decal set with another Spitfire the same colors.

Decals are by Kits world set 72217.

Randall

Thanks Randall

This one slipped under the radar for me. Up to your usual standards and a very good example of shadow camouflage adopted by the RAF in the late 30’s. Same goes for the Swordfish post before it. Well done.

By the way, which colours did you use for the light and dark green and brown on the Gladiator? Did you use those specified in the Airfix instructions?

This one slipped under the radar for me. Up to your usual standards and a very good example of shadow camouflage adopted by the RAF in the late 30’s. Same goes for the Swordfish post before it. Well done.
By the way, which colours did you use for the light and dark green and brown on the Gladiator? Did you use those specified in the Airfix instructions?

Thanks Dominic.

I did not not buy additional paint for the shadow paint jobs, I simply faded the stock colors I had with white paint. About a 50/50 ratio for the dark earth/ light US tan, same for the light US green, I used 30 drops of each color.

Randall

Interesting to see a Dieppe Hurricane II - one is getting towards the top of my list for my RAF Warmwell project - 175 Squadron was based at Warmwell and flew as part of Operation Jubilee in a bomber configuration. So I've ordered an old Mk II Airfix kit....

Thanks for posting the excellent pictures of your version. Gives me something to aim at.

Interesting to see a Dieppe Hurricane II - one is getting towards the top of my list for my RAF Warmwell project - 175 Squadron was based at Warmwell and flew as part of Operation Jubilee in a bomber configuration. So I've ordered an old Mk II Airfix kit....
Thanks for posting the excellent pictures of your version. Gives me something to aim at.

I was in error, I got out the instructions and found that this is an aircraft from 309th recon squadron , Polish AF , Peterhead, April-October 1944.

im going to look at my decal sets and see if I have any RAF Warmwell planes, you do have me curious.

Randall

There is a really excellent book titled "Reflections of RAF Warmwell" by Anthony Cooke. ISBN 0-9539052-1-7 It lists all the various squadrons - and the aircraft that they used - between 1937 and 1945, which of course covers the BoB, Dieppe and D-Day, and as well as RAF, includes the USAAF 474th Fighter Group. So plenty of scope!

Thanks, I just bought it!

Randall

Hi randall

Good choice to get a Warmwell aircraft! As you know, because you've read the book, 402 was a Canadian squadron, based at Warmwell between November 1941 and March 1942. Main claim to fame appears to be that they were rushed to Manston to be involved in the failed attempt to hit the German warships involved in 'The Channel Dash'.

And of course the AE-* Hurricane IIBs of 302 Squadron were handed over to 175 Squadron and given the code letters HH-* which is what I shall be building. What a small world!