Connecting Elite and Select controllers

Sultan

I am looking to connect 2 Select walkabout units to an Elite controller but can find no details of this in either of the operating manuals or on the website.

I am wondering first if it can be done and how the addressing works as the Elite uses long

addresses and teh Select does not. I would like to use the Elite as a fixed base controller for programming and CV editing etc and the Selects as mobile units.

Any help and advise gratefully received.

You can only connect one Select to the Elite directly. To connect more than one you need to use an RJ12 connecting socket R8237 and two RJ12 leads.

As you say, there are addressing problems which mean that if you want to be able to control all of

your locos from the Selects you are restricted to using two digit addresses in the range 1 - 59.

The connection of a single Select to an Elite is described in the Select user manual on page 20.

Rog (RJ) said:

You can only connect one Select to the Elite directly. To connect more than one you need to use an RJ12 connecting socket R8237 and two RJ12 leads.

As you say, there are addressing problems which mean that if you want

to be able to control all of your locos from the Selects you are restricted to using two digit addresses in the range 1 - 59.

The connection of a single Select to an Elite is described in the Select user manual on page 20.

Archived