Hot news apparently

DarkRedCape

With Hornby's gift for tabloid fake news, I would expect it's going to be a revised expected delivery date for locos with a steam generator, not the sort of good news you would expect at a big weekend show, like The Great Electric Train Show, as Dapol have done with their new Manor Class, but a damp squib that gets lost on the Monday after.

Would Hornby make this kind of fuss simply over an update of a model we already know about?

Iโ€™m hoping itโ€™s a reveal of something we donโ€™t yet know about.

And as RAF96 eluded to, as he probably already knows what this is, bring your credit card, so suggests it indeed maybe something as of yet unannounced.

Mod note - the Moderators were briefed by SK on Wednesday in case of any effect on web-site and forum traffic and held to secrecy until after the launch.

It is probably something about being selected for Flying Scotsman centenary next year. So we will have a limited edition Hornby Dublo Flying Scotsman, which they will underproduce and go for a fortune on EBay. Trouble is they are supposedly producing one of those with steam so perhaps not.

What is loco detection? This is a term Iโ€™ve not seen yet.

Loco Detection is the ultimate add-on to any DCC system, in our case RailMaster, bringing features never available before (on any DCC system).

It was 'announced' around 8 years ago, many additions were made to the RailMaster software but the hardware has never been released.

We have been running a sweep on the DCC section of the Forum since 2014, to guess the date of release.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Having spent a fortune on 00 gauge already, the TT lineup isnโ€™t for me. And even though this isnโ€™t for me, I genuinely hope this bodes well for Hornby. Them being better off financially benefits us all, so good luck to them.

Iโ€™m pleased Hornby are branching out, but I fear this will make any release dates for new 00 models even longer than they already are.