Hornby Dublo Flying Scotsman series

96RAF

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally the Dublo models had tin-plate tenders. I believe they were eventually replaced with plastic ones (but am not certain if/when this actually occurred).

All of the modern reintroduced Dublo models have had plastic tenders - however information regarding the new FS tenders appears to be limited/lacking!

I readily acknowledge the memory may be letting me down but my recollection is that under H-D rather than Wrenn, only the rebuilt West Country and the last Duchess loco (in BR maroon) had a plastic tender body, all the earlier Duchess and A4 locos having tin-plate bodies. The Castle and Stanier 8F had cast tender bodies to give additional weight above the plunger pick-ups. A1/A3s and air-smoothed Bulleids, of course, were never in the H-D range.

I have a feeling they have plastic tenders,i mentioned this in an earlier post and Fazy said why waste the loco power to pull a metal tender but I still think it is a cheapskate way of producing something ,I have 4 Dapol black label A4s ,all diecast loco and tender bodies and you can feel the quality which is what you want to feel at the price of the item and im sure you won't get the same feeling with a diecast loco and a plastic tender.