Elite Controller no longer in production - (according to Hattons)?

DarkRedCape

P Henny, bit confused about the only one knob bit, as on mine with 3 selects and Elite, you can run 5 quite happily controlling any 2 at any time from Elite.

You would be in a better position to know John, having the local kids round to play, if real time control is restricted to one knob at a time but my opinion is that any number of players can issue commands concurrently and yes these will be stacked for sending to the track by the Elite, but in the great scheme of DCC timespans the lag would hardly be noticeable.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P Henny, bit confused about the only one knob bit, as on mine with 3 selects and Elite, you can run 5 quite happily controlling any 2 at any time from Elite.

To fully understand my meaning, you would need to understand the DCC communication protocol and how the Selects that are configured as Walkabouts communicate. I was not saying that you cannot control multiple locos in realtime. I was just saying that the commands from the Selects are sent sequentially 'one at a time' to the master controller to action. Because this happens so fast, you have the illusion of concurrent loco control.

I fully understand how my controllers work. As RAF, knows my layout has lots of control use at once, it was set up to allow 5 pairs of hands to each run their loco. There is no noticeable delay . If there was, I would have had complaints by now.