New 9F R3987 motor torque issues

Michael_A

Hornby may not sue Sam, but if you make statements in public, and those statements affect a brand to the extent and by way of the volune that Sam elicits from his large follower count, then you will be at risk of litigation.

Sam has an issue with the motor, Hornby are known to have a pretty high 10% “dud” rate on their models, as is common with stuff made in China. In that 10% could be motor related issues.

Hornby have a history of using questionable motors. Nothing he’s saying is defamatory or incorrect.

Hornby won't do a civil case, they are still recovering from their last one. I remember years ago when Hornby transferred their production to China they boasted how good their QA was. Somewhere along the line that QA got dropped, probably to save money, so they deserve the criticism they get.

Hornby won't do a civil case, they are still recovering from their last one. I remember years ago when Hornby transferred their production to China they boasted how good their QA was. Somewhere along the line that QA got dropped, probably to save money, so they deserve the criticism they get.

Any thoughts on my hush hush question?

It would be easy to miss.

Thanks.

Sorry Will Hay about not replying earlier, it got mixed up in all the other posts. Any of the rebuilt Hush Hush locos are perfect as is the latest unbuilt one with twin funnels (I don't have one but Sam reviewed it and said it was a great improvement). Avoid the very early one which is the one with the big bulbous boiler and a single funnel.

Sorry Will Hay about not replying earlier, it got mixed up in all the other posts. Any of the rebuilt Hush Hush locos are perfect as is the latest unbuilt one with twin funnels (I don't have one but Sam reviewed it and said it was a great improvement). Avoid the very early one which is the one with the big bulbous boiler and a single funnel.

I guess that must be the R3979 with 'double blast pipe'.

Shame, because I wanted the British Enterprise nameplate version.

Yes the British Enterprise is the one I have. I am sure Hornby have slightly changed the chassis on the newer one. One day when I am feeling brave I will take that one and the rebuilt one apart and see if there is a difference in the chassis, Hornby say they are the same.

Yes the British Enterprise is the one I have. I am sure Hornby have slightly changed the chassis on the newer one. One day when I am feeling brave I will take that one and the rebuilt one apart and see if there is a difference in the chassis, Hornby say they are the same.

Righto, thanks.

I'm still not sure I'll pull the trigger on the newer unbuilt type, Sam's Trains is hardly a fan, despite confirming it's better than the original release.