triang R59 pony hole inserts

GeoffBristol

Does anyone know a source for the hard rubber insert in the pony truck pivot fixing hole ? They can tend to fall out - hence get lost - and the fixing screw without the washer is too loose to run properly. I didn't notice one was missing until I ran the engine and the rear end was all over the place. Luckily I had a spare as I aquired the engine with a broken pony.

Easily bodged - but it needs to be just right for the pony to flex properly ?

I can't find a service sheet with the pony on it for a part no ?

The part number is S5053, shown on Service Sheets 5/5A/5B for the early issues of the loco (pony truck X366). However, sheet 77 shows the pony trucks not needing the bushes (but with the same securing screw so I assume the bore through the pony truck arm was reduced in diameter - there are a couple of pony trucks on ebay at the moment said to be dating from 1972 so they should be of the later pattern).

Thanks - will look those up.

I bought a pair recently on ebay - as I had an engine needing one. They had the later couplings - but still had the rubber inserts, I noticed one was cast differently - thin all the way along to wheels - whereas all my others are thick - narrowing at the fixing screw ( heavier ? )

I have two engines - both black br with early crest/ solid wheels - so 6 trucks - one with a smashed end.

Lucilky the eye was still screwed to the base so had its liner. All of them have a the large hole with a liner ?