touchscreen problems

Dear all I wonder if you can help. I have been running rail master successfully with a mouse, and have just bought an AOC e2239fwt on ebay. Its a new screen and is working as a screen with the mouse, but obviously I want to use the touchscreen but I can't

seem to get that to work. I'm using an old Dell PC running XP professional 2002 SP3. I thought this screen was supposed to be 'plug and play' with XP (albeit one touch not multitouch). Any advice graefully recevied.

cheers

All touch screen monitors will work natively with Windows 7 and most with Vista without using drivers, however pretty-much all (recent) touch screen monitors (i.e. those designed for Windows 7 and multi-touch) need a driver to work with XP.

The

driver, in effect, makes the touch aspect of the monitor a second mouse, with only single touch capabilities.

You need to get the correct driver, most likely from AOC's web site and then you'll be able to use the monitor with XP. I did exactly that,

albeit with a Ilyama monitor.

TIP: Ensure the monitor manufacturer states categorically that their monitor supports XP as a lot don't.

LMSTim said:

All touch screen monitors will work natively with Windows 7 and most with Vista without using drivers, however pretty-much all (recent) touch screen monitors (i.e. those designed for Windows 7 and multi-touch) need a driver to

work with XP.

The driver, in effect, makes the touch aspect of the monitor a second mouse, with only single touch capabilities.

You need to get the correct driver, most likely from AOC's web site and then you'll be able to use the monitor with

XP. I did exactly that, albeit with a Ilyama monitor.

TIP: Ensure the monitor manufacturer states categorically that their monitor supports XP as a lot don't.
Many thanks Tim. I do have the driver, but it's still not working! I have passed

it over to the local pc repair shop to try to resolve, but thanks for your help. Johnnie

LMSTim said:

All touch screen monitors will work natively with Windows 7 and most with Vista without using drivers, however pretty-much all (recent) touch screen monitors (i.e. those designed for Windows 7 and multi-touch) need a driver to

work with XP.

The driver, in effect, makes the touch aspect of the monitor a second mouse, with only single touch capabilities.

You need to get the correct driver, most likely from AOC's web site and then you'll be able to use the monitor with

XP. I did exactly that, albeit with a Ilyama monitor.

Many thanks Tim. I do have the driver, but it's still not working! I have passed

it over to the local pc repair shop to try to resolve, but thanks for your help. Johnnie

Archived