Locksound v4 sound decoder horn problem

Deem

I received used Hornby Class 08 Diesel Shunter with sound. When I try to run first time, Loco didn't ran or was erratic.

So I put it on Rolling Road and cleaned with ear bud soaked in Isopropyl. After cleaning the wheels Loco ran nicely.

Next issue is Function key are all different compare Hornby TTS, which I am getting to understand just about it. Locksound do things very differently. Any easy way I can allocate Functions Key in one go or I have do them manually as per the Locksound manual. I am attaching a video and showing when I press F2 Whistle or Horn does works but it will not stop until I press F2 again. F3 have different sound, so on so on. To make my life easy if I can get help doing this easy way or do I have to set-up each function using CV32?

Please see attached video and link to Locksound V4 sound decoder manual.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2QEpEq5zYEyMubg7w4rm-SfbLwTy-1C/view?usp=sharing

LokSound V4.0 - ESU

https://www.esu.eu › uploads › tx_esudownloads

Regards

Yes you are absolutely right, all the issues I noticed. One you did miss is if the loco is on the track it shoots off as you power up the Elite, as if it remembers its settings from when you last shut it down. Zimo has even more different settings, like if you go for the active option F2 is the brake although its horn is of a fixed duration. I have locos with all three types and with LokSound and Zimo their commands differ dependent on who did the sound file. The bigger issues that are surfacing are some of the sound files are becoming more intelligent, like the Fell loco has different engines so you have to remember the function to engage the bigger engine to get it to move properly. Then on Loksound there is the brake function, if you apply it you have to remember to remove it, or else you loco will not move.

No I don't know if it is possible to remap them using CVs, I just remember which one has what, which is easy to do between TTS and Zimo or Loksound, just listen to the sound. I avoid changing any CVs as if you do a reset on the decoder all the changes disappear.

If that is an old RxxxxXS model then the Hornby sound manual for that decoder is available on the Support pages here https://support.hornby.com/hc/en-gb/sections/360004186779-Sound-Locomotives

All this talk of Zimo decoders has likely totally muddied the waters when the question was about Loksound v4.0.

As stated ESU decoders can be remapped by way of a LokProgrammer and PC. The programmer is not cheap.

Spot on Rob, thanks for the link.

Yes this is Hornby RxxxxXS version.

I wasn't aware Hornby used Locksound in their Loco's. When I looked inside before asking question in this forum, I thought some one has done excellent job with speaker mounted by the grill side with bracket screwed into roof, I didn't think it is factory fitted Locksound decoder.

As for Hornby Decoder instruction they are as difficult as ESU genuine manual but I will give it a go and lets see how it goes.

Regards