T9 Chassis Block (Mazak Rot?)

10 Class

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know, the quality of the T9 Chassis Blocks, available from Peter's Spares (PS), please?

Surely they won't/may not, suffer the same Mazak Rot problem as the original Hornby ones from a few years ago and are made of a better quality material?

I have asked PS, however, no response as of yet.

Regards and thanks in advance.

RDS Mod Note: I have amended your title slightly to fully describe the thread.

I would hope that a spare part sourced by Hornby doesn't have the same fault. The thing about design is that you are supposed to learn from your mistakes. Peter's Spares also does Royal Scot chassis replacements and these seem ok. I know from my experiences with Rebuilt Royal Scot/Patriots that it is only certain named locos that seem to have the fault (just do a scan of EBay), others don't, so I suppose Hornby used a different manufacturer for those. So hopefully the spare part ones are from the last batch which they should have fixed.

Chinese rubbish with no recourse is normal these days. We bought two expensive cerastone coated frying pans from a well known British maker (Chinese made) only to find that everything stuck to them. In the end they were good enough to send us a Toastie maker and keep the pans. The Toastie maker was broken and must have been that way from China. They replaced that with another which was OK and works OK so far. Sorry to take it off topic to make a point that QC in China is a myth.