Hornby getting spare part numbers wrong.

ColinB

I recently bought a cylinder block for a rebuilt West Country/Battle of Britain loco. It arrived this morning. When I looked at it it only has one hole for the valve gear as per the unrebuilt version, not two. So I looked up part number X9679 on the site I ordered the part from and Lendons. On both sites the part number is right for the rebuilt version but the photo is for the unrebuilt version. This is not the first time, they did a similar thing with the front bogie spare part. I may be wrong but looking at the part on two sites with that number and the one fitted to my rebuilt West Country they are totally different. The single hole for the valve ear is the give away. I may be getting it completely wrong but it definitely looks that way.

Hornby have been aware for some time of the incorrect attribution of original/rebuilt Bulleid spares possibly resulting from the issue of S/S 462 for the Platinum Jubilee rebuilt loco which depicts basically the chassis of unrebuilt locos although part numbers are, in the main, correct. The cogs, however, turn slowly.