The Elite and programming a Digitrax DS64

JC

This is a great decoder for switch/point operation only, my experience is that the R8247 is a better choice if you want to do more than one thing with a decoder.

I tried and failed to programme this through RailMaster, so I resorted to using the

Elite directly, which was actually a quicker process.

The first thing to remember is that you need to have the decoder connected to the Layout and NOT the programming track.

The rest is straight from Digitrax manual, though I have paraphrased

and anglicised it below.

1. On the DS64’s control panel, press and hold the ID button down for 3 seconds until the green LED slowly blinks on and off. This indicates that the DS64 is ready to accept address programming for the Outputs.

2. On

the Elite, Press the accessory (ACC) Button and dial the start address. Click the dial to select the address, and then again to issue a throw command. The LEDs will start to blink faster indicating that the first output is programmed.

3. Repeat step

2 for each of the other three outputs by dialling the next address, selecting and throwing the switch. The LED blinks faster each time you programme an output.

4. The last output is programmed when the ID light goes to steady(ish) green and the decoder

will work from then on.

I currently have two DS64s on points and three R8247s doing the rest. I run the accessories off a booster unit, though a probably don't need too. Route control is done through RailMaster.

Archived