A Bargain?

Topcat2018

I've just received an email from Hattons offering an LNER A2/A3 "Edward Thompson" R3832 for £119 plus postage. It doesn't appear to be in the current range, but it sounds a bargain for that type of loco. Does anyone know more about this model?

Anyway I've ordered one as it's good to find an affordable LNER Pacific that isn't Flying Scotsman.

I bought Edward Thompson when it first came out, I think it was well over £150. It was just after Hattons got pushed off the preoder list by Hornby as I lost my order for Sun Castle. So yes when I saw the email from Hattons I realised that was a good price for a good loco, sadly for me the Sun Castle ones had sold out.

"Edward Thompson" arrived yesterday and so far I am very pleased with it. It runs smoothly and the current consumption seems remarkably low. So far I haven't tested its pulling capabilities.

The detailing is good but the amount of delicate details is frightening for someone whose collection consists mainly of older, more robust British-made locos.