Loco’s run opposite direction depending which controller been used

Deem

Further update,

Hornby Elite runs loco’s correctly. How I determine, to make matter simple, I took out steam loco, reset the loco to factory setting, using CV 8 and Value 8 (as I have hornby tts decoder in that loco). After that placed the loco entering or running from right to left ( ( when I am looking at loco in front of me on track), steam boiler side on the left and tender on right, choose left arrow on controller and accelerated the loco and it ran the correct way.

When tested with Bachmann, this same loco in exactly same manor as above controller showing left arrow but loco is traveling tender side.

I have asked my friend to bring his Dynamis Ultima so I can test to determine is if my bachmann controller is faulty or bachmann do this differently.

Hopefully when I feel little better as well, I will make a vedio to share as well.

Which way round is the steam loco icon facing on the Dynamis? Looking at youtube videos and in the Dynamis manual the steam loco icon always seems to face to the right, which corresponds with the right arrow being forward.

I really don't think your Dynamis is faulty, it is simply designed differently and consistent with the icons on its display.

Which way round is the steam loco icon facing on the Dynamis? Looking at youtube videos and in the Dynamis manual the steam loco icon always seems to face to the right, which corresponds with the right arrow being forward.
I really don't think your Dynamis is faulty, it is simply designed differently and consistent with the icons on its display.

Fair point, Good eye.

Regards

I am still having difficulty getting my head around the issue. I have 3 DCC controllers that I can use, if the loco goes in the wrong direction I simply change the direction on the controller, I couldn't even tell you if forwards is the same on all of them. I am sure the way functions work differ between controllers, you accept that, so why would you expect them to behave in the same way regards forwards or backwards.

I think ntpntpntp solved it for me, as bachmann definitely show steam loco facing right to left ( with boiler on the right and driver cab on left when looking at loco symbol) on the controller which mean they must have setting in the controller which is opposite to hornby.

forum_image_64164fdba9717.thumb.png.2e4e699270c3679340d44ee0187ceadb.png

Which is why I suggested early on resetting the Elite, in case it was inadvertently set reverse. But obviously not from subsequent discussion.

Thanks for your comments Fishmanoz, as I stated previously as well, that I did reset Hornby Elite. But I found this a bit bizarre, that instead of sticking to same or similar set up on their controller by all manufacturer (some chooses opposite) so it is less confusing for users.