TXS installed but no sound

Brew Man

So if you have a diesel with lights and sound could it be that F1 turns sound on but another function turns it of in order to be able to toggle lights on and off with F1 without it affecting sound. I've clearly a lot to learn about functions.

Each function button does what it says on its label, each as individuals.

F0 does the basic lights, F1 does the basic sound, F2/3 do the horns/whistles, etc until F20, etc does various Aux functions including extra lights, then F25, etc do other things, with F28 conveniently gathering together a bunch of sound functions to save you punching all their buttons.

By way of setting certain CVs you could if you wished randomly play every possible sound via F28 but that would be silly.

F28 can also be set to play some sounds only if the loco is stationary and some only if the loco is moving. As I said it is worth reading the famous manual or you could miss out on many features.

I've now tried it out and having F28 on does indeed prevent F1 turning the sound off - slightly counterintuitive, and I suspect it will catch others out.

If F1 hasn't been used to turn the sound on, F28 toggles the sound on and off along with the rest of the AFC functionality, so I think I can remove F1 from the precious set of 6 buttons on the Railmaster screen, and relabel F28 as Sound on/off!

Regards, John

I've now tried it out and having F28 on does indeed prevent F1 turning the sound off - slightly counterintuitive, and I suspect it will catch others out.
If F1 hasn't been used to turn the sound on, F28 toggles the sound on and off along with the rest of the AFC functionality, so I think I can remove F1 from the precious set of 6 buttons on the Railmaster screen, and relabel F28 as Sound on/off!

Regards, John

You can lose the lights as well. F1 and any other F-key turns their function on and off. F28 just groups those functions together for you and over-writes the individual controls.

In RM if you expand the small throttle by pressing the blue circle you get all the F-keys to play with. You may have to drag the viewable area up and down to see them all.