Bundles the same as the train sets?

rman

They are not the same. Locos have different names. There are two Mk1 coaches and a lit Pullman in the Silver King bundle. There are 4 lit Pullmans in the Flying Scotsman bundle. There also appears to be an issue with track pack 1 in that there is a 4th radius curve included that should be a 6th radius curve. A 6th radius curve is included in the train sets.

Apart from the locos with different names to the sets, the bundles themselves are different in that the Flying Scotsman bundle has 4 coaches versus 3 in the Silver King and 2 track packs so 2 points and sidings in the Flying Scotsman versus one in the Silver King.

So decide yourself if they are worth the extra noting no 15% discount on the bundles. And if you intend DCC, the price difference escalates.

I was caught out by the lack of discount on the bundle as my Club welcome email late last year had said "15% off all TT orders". Pretty sure the disclaimer now showing wasn't there when I ordered my bundle on 14th March (the day I think they appeared). I can't prove that though.

No matter, it is a decent offer in itself with the extra coach with lighting and track pack included. The train sets are probably better value in some respects though. For about £200 you get a locomotive (£150), three coaches (£100) and the oval of track with controller and Track Pack 1 (£40-50).

It does live up to its name as well. The oval fitted nicely and comfortably on my kitchen table. I've put it away now and will get it out again when I receive my decoder.

Unfortunately the feline of the house cannot be trusted! It’ll come out every now and again but for now, with one locomotive and four coaches, there’s not much enjoyment yet. I have no room for a permanent layout.

I’ve got various modern image 00 gauge locomotives I’ll probably sell as I haven’t got the time, space or skill to do much with them.