Hi, How Different Is A Hornby Dublo Merchant Navy Than A Wrenn Loco In Weight?

David-349655

As Wrenn never made a merchant Navy, they made a light Pacific which was given Merchant Navy names my best guess would be about the same weight.

There are no issues running Wrenn trains on Hornby Track, nor the new Hornby Dublo locomotives

Wrenn locos were basically a continuation of the final Hornby Dublo 2-rail models and therefore very similar in weight and performance. No concerns at all regarding running the old models on current trackwork, other than the flanges may be a bit coarse if you have newer fine-scale track.

I can't comment on the "revived" Hornby Dublo branded models being produced by Hornby nowadays.

PS - @david people generally prefer posts NOT to be written in block capitals, it can be less comfortable to read and always used to be considered "shouting".

I think the new Hornby Dublo might be heavier. A better comparison is between the Duchess class as they were made by both companies. The tenders on Wrenns were plastic although on the original Hornby Dublos they were metal. I have both an original Hornby Duchess of Montrose and the latest new Hornby Dublo City of Lichfield. I will weight them.

Its not just the weight you will need to think about if running old locos but the wheel profile. My Wrenn wagons and the only wrenn loco I've converted to DCC (the LMS 0-6-2T no 2385) runs perfectly well through code 100 points.

I think wrenns wheel profiles were finer than Triang Hornby of the same time of manufacture