Pendalino chasis screws

DaveH

Purchased a DCC ready Pendalino set R1134. Reading instructions supplied to fit a decoder, "Remove the chasis screws as shown. The body will lift off easily". Problem, I can't see any screws to remove as show in the diagram. Anybody with any infomation?

I've checked the service which does not show the screws.

There are no screws that need removing. What you need to do is ease the body work away from the chassis with a thumbnail and insert small pieces of card to prevent the body slipping back into place and then lift the body off the chassis.

Thanks, wasn't sure if there was any little tricks to the Pendalino. Body eased off with out any problems but raised a new question. As this is my first decoder fitting I expected to find the 8 pin socket which is described, nothing was found. So either

they have put the wrong motor unit in a DCC Ready box or I have to splice the wires into the original. Hornby support will be contacted Monday.

The 8 pin socket will have a blanking plug fitted to allow the model to run on a dc (analogue) system. You will need to remove the blanking plug (1 in the powered car and 1 in the dummy power car) to allow a decoder to be fitted.

This service sheet

https://www.hornby.com/FileLibrary/Files/Download/?FileID=85 shows the blanking plug as part number 12.

Archived