HM7000 sound decoder (Firmware updated by HM | DC App in error)

Andrew, it sounds as if you have done exactly the same as new member Roy and used the HM6000 DC APP and not the HM7000 DCC APP. Note that at the time of writing, the HM7000 DCC APP for Android has not been released yet, only Apple IOS is downloadable.

See Roy's thread below for details of what you need to do. Link isn't clickable so copy and paste the URL text into your browser.

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/hm7000-21txs-appears-in-wrong-app-as-hm6010-cd74-351015?ccm_paging_p=1

See also the sticky thread at the top of the forum titled:

"Linking HM7000 decoders to the wrong app."

EDIT: Steve posted his reply whilst I was typing mine.

Many thanks. I subsequently found the other posts. Obviously I'm not the first and wont be the last to do this.

The decoder does appear to work with DCC systems, so can be installed and used, with the default sounds, although it would help to know how to switch to the diesel sounds.

I need to borrow an Apple device to see what that does.

Andrew

Andrew, the development team and the test team have been talking this issue through only this afternoon.@RAF96 will undoubtedly have a definitive response in due course but you may have to return the decoder to Hornby customer services to reprogram and unlink it from the HMDC app.

There is no switch from one sound to another. The process is to load a completely new sound profile onto the decoder over-writing the factory test profile.

With regard to the wrong firmware load, the HM6K app will be updated to deploy a filter that precludes ever being able to detect a HM7K device much less be able to load the wrong firmware to it.

Can I please ask folk NOT to use the wrong app in the meantime.

The advice on the other post should be followed telling the HM Customer Care folk your tale of woe. There is little to no chance of you being able to recover the device yourself, so a replacement is the only way forward.

Unfortunately priority is being placed on getting the Android app to market and sorting out if there is a profile loading problem or not.

Funny I loaded the wrong app (not my fault QR Code pointed to wrong app initially), supposedly reprogrammed it but nothing happened. The decoder still works as a sound decoder, so could it be that something else is going wrong?