Replace Loco in Program

For reasons too complicated to explain here, I have been forced to change the DCC address of one of my locos from 0001 to 0003. Unfortunately, I have a few programs set up to operate the loco under its old address. In the program editor, there is a button

at the bottom which suggests that you can change all occurrences of the old loco by the new loco within a program. When this button is pressed, however, this message appears :- "You must first select a locomotive to replace in the program". I can't find out

how to "select a locomotive to replace". The PDF Guide isn't any help. Has anyone achieved this sort of change to a program?

Just click on any line containing the current loco, so that it's highlighted, then press the change loco button and select the address of the new loco. Simple.

In your case, the program should work exactly as before as it's the same loco, however,

a point to bear in mind is that if you change one loco for a different loco then timings will be different as running speeds are bound to be different for the two locos. So then you'll need to fine-tune the program for the new loco.

Thanks for the reply LMSTim. However, that doesn't work for me on my operational layout. I've just tried it on an unregistered version on another computer and it did work using the sample layout, which doesn't even have any locos defined!

By the way,

do you have a loco defined with address 0001? If so, does it appear in the drop-down locomotive list within the program editor? On mine, all of the defined locos appear except 0001.

St1ngr4y said:

Thanks for the reply LMSTim. However, that doesn't work for me on my operational layout. I've just tried it on an unregistered version on another computer and it did work using the sample layout, which doesn't even have any

locos defined!
By the way, do you have a loco defined with address 0001? If so, does it appear in the drop-down locomotive list within the program editor? On mine, all of the defined locos appear except 0001.

I've just done a small experiment.

It's not loco 0001 which is missing from the list, it's the first defined loco, whatever its address.

I've tried to recreate this on my RailMaster and can't.

I have lots of locos so have split them up into groups and whether I select a group or "All" on the main screen then select locos from the list in the programming screen they are all there.

I

think you should send Hornby a Help Request from RailMaster and let them know the full details of the problem you're having. I'm sure they will solve it for you.

I did as LMSTim suggested, and asked for help through Railmaster. They emailed me asking for a copy of my resource.mdb file, which I emailed to them. I've now had this reply:

Thank you for sending us this file. With the file, we have now discovered

what is happening and rectified the problem.

This fix will be in the next update, which will be made available very shortly.

Archived