Close couple RailRoad HST

HST Mainline

I tried to search for this subject, but I could not find any threads regarding this.

I am looking into getting a RailRoad HST (Executive livery). I find the price and detail level extremely good value for money.

I wonder if anyone has had any luck close coupling the power cars to the Mk3 coaches? The power cars have NEM-pockets, although not at the correct height, but that could be corrected using height adjustable couplings.

Question is: What is known to work?

Also: Am I correct in assuming that there are no RailRoad Mk3's. That the "standard Mk3" will go with the RailRoad HST as they do the new HST?

Hi HST, there was a similar post about HST Couplers but not the Railroad version.

I don't know the model, but if as you say the NEM pockets are at the wrong height, then they are not NEM pockets, just pockets and if they are not on a pivoting (hopefully kinematic) mount, then you'll never get close coupling without major surgery to install something like Keen Close Couplings.

Okay, so if Hornby says "NEM couplings" on a model, I can assume that it will work according to the NEM standard? Kinematics etc.? Also, are the coupling height according to NEM (which is a European norm).

The RailRoad model does not say NEM couplings, it does not mention the pocket at all, I can see it is there though. Fair enough, probably because it is not a "real" NEM pocket.

I might just have to save for the more expensive power cars then. I think it looks a bit odd that the Mk3's couple close, but there is a huge gap at the power cars.