My GWR broad gauge locos

At the moment the 3D prints are static but I plan to design proper kits but need to design the etched parts. I plan to make a model of High Wycombe in the 1854-64 period. It is a case of design and scratch build everything. Even the trackwork I have created my own system where code 75 rail is slid in to a 3D printed base to produce the GWR bulk road of trackwork.

This is one of the laser cut walls of the station building showing the brick and flint detail. The actual Brunel station still stands.forum_image_6448d6c0e0f83.thumb.png.f1211a433ecd4252920d7f2624aaf539.png

Hi David,

You should have plenty of room for a worm and worm gear inside the locomotives.

I had a look online. Brunel's engine shed / station does indeed still exist and I can see your model of it in the background. Well done you! Many period stations did have roofs like High Wycombe. The upper end of this expression had the roof in glass.

When I first examined the wall, I thought to myself, what is Big Cheese on about. Its a wall. Zooming in reveals individual bricks picked out. The lintel brickwork is nicely illustrated. Details are what makes a model pop and the details here are abundant.

Would you mind a peek at the backhead of your locomotives? From the footplate as pulling towards the Brunel station. If what I've seen so far is representative, then I am in for a treat

Bee

The locomotives there is not much info on only a few drawings and a couple of photos, so have had to look at other classes of the same period to answer some things I was lacking on but hopefully the designs are as accurate as my research allows, They are designed in Fusion 360 in 4mm scale and have inside cranks coupling rods and pistons which all move correctly when the wheels rotate.

The buildings at Wycombe were again constructed from site visits old photos and maps, Thame station was to exactly the same design and the original contract drawings exist, which helped my design. The brickwork on the model matches the prototype, and so have tried to be as exact as possible. The same goes for the locomotives counting rivets and bolts if needed.

Anyway a couple more renders.

forum_image_644a4730e2fba.thumb.png.69eec058fa1e82396460f686696639ea.pngforum_image_644a473344487.thumb.png.7ce12cc3f217e1b73fa6f9408633ce09.png