Hornby TTS sound decoder

totontony

Hi, I am having a problem with TTS sound decoder, R7143, I have fitted to a Hornby Britannia, Oliver Cromwell. Before fitting the TTS decoder It was fitted with Gaugemaster Ruby decoder and the loco ran fine. When I fitted the sound decoder the loco keeps cutting out, the sound stops and then the loco moves again. sometimes it is over points put other times it is on open track. have cleaned the whole track and used my track tester and cannot find any faults anywhere. I have changed CV150 from 0 to 1 which helps the loco starting and keeping speed better to the piston sounds but it still keeps cutting out. I can stop it cutting out by running at step70 on speed but as soon as as I slow down it cuts out again.

Refitted the ruby decoder and the loco runs fine. Any help would be appreciated before I send the TTS decoder back.

Cheers, Anthony Baldock

TTS decoders in my experience are far more vulnerable to a bad DCC signal, more so than a lot of other DCC decoders. I noticed it with my Zimo DCC decoders. What I suspect is that either your loco or tender pickups are not working properly. Because the Ruby decoder is a lot better at working with loss of a DCC signal you probably haven't noticed. So the loco works but not as well as it should do.