Bon Accord

Good Morning, I bought the Majestic set some years ago but have never used it, I opened it for the first time yesterday, so it’s out of warranty etc, the problem that I am having is the Bon Accord front bogie appears very loose is catching and derailing the train, it doesn’t make it around the track, any ideas please?

The 'Majestic' train set appears to be R1172, with a Peppercorn A1 Pacific in experimental blue, 3 coaches, and then a class 47 with some wagons and a double oval of track - is this correct?

Has the 'Bon Accord' been out of the box prior to now or was it purchased 'new' and never opened until now?

Have you checked the tension on the screw holding the front bogie - 'nipped up' - not forced?

Have you / can you check the B2B - back to back measurements between the bogie wheel flanges? Generally for relatively modern motive power / rolling stock ~14.3mm is considered a good compromise.

Al.

I still have no sound on any locomotive though!

Unless you have subsequently replaced the original factory fitted decoders with sound enabled ones, you won't have any sound function. The original Majestic set never had sound.

I bought this loco second hand, probably because it kept derailing for the previous owner. Now I know I fixed the issue I think by adding a spring to the front bogie. I will check next time I am in the loft. I either did that or replaced it with an A3 front bogie.