Have the prices just jumped up without warning, Again.

david_watts1

It is not surprising, a TT120 loco costs about as much as an OO model to produce. When I complain about the price I get a deluge of replies telling me that they are good value, so I don't bother saying anything anymore. The OO models costs seem to be 10% above the other Manufacturers. Trouble is there is a point when people don't buy them anymore and looking at the bargains I have obtained in sales lately, I wonder whether it is closer than we think.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows when they’ll arrive but I’ve now added the era 7 onwards items that didn’t see this week’s price hike (HST exec, Classe 66, hopper wagons) to my pre ordered class 50s, as with the original club TT120 club discount, it makes sense.

If they don’t all arrive at once, is it possible to use the loyalty points accrued on the first arrivals, on the second?

I recently returned to this hobby and really liked the idea of the Scale, bigger than N Gauge (which I find fiddly) and smaller than 00 ( limited space). However I have been very disappointed with the Quality Control with 2 of my three locos going back to Hornby to restore faults , several apparent design flaws and delays in production

I was going to stick with the program but to me the prices were just about ok with the TT Club discounts and Hornby points but the price increases are for me the straw that broke the camel's back. To add 15-30% on the price of items without warning at at time of high inflation / cost of living is - to me crazy. I know that inflation affects Hornby as well but surely they can make a profit on the current prices or at least give some warning?

Sorry but at the new prices and current Quality control they have lost a customer.

I recently returned to this hobby and really liked the idea of the Scale, bigger than N Gauge (which I find fiddly) and smaller than 00 ( limited space). However I have been very disappointed with the Quality Control with 2 of my three locos going back to Hornby to restore faults , several apparent design flaws and delays in production

I was going to stick with the program but to me the prices were just about ok with the TT Club discounts and Hornby points but the price increases are for me the straw that broke the camel's back. To add 15-30% on the price of items without warning at at time of high inflation / cost of living is - to me crazy. I know that inflation affects Hornby as well but surely they can make a profit on the current prices or at least give some warning?

Sorry but at the new prices and current Quality control they have lost a customer.

It does seem a bit of a big jump but maybe they have been absorbing cost increases until now and just couldn't do so any longer. It was unfortunate though that the price rises coincided with the Android app release for HM7000, when some were wanting to buy the sound-fitted locomotives.

I do find it strange that anomalies in prices still haven't been corrected (e.g. the analogue exec liveried Class 43 HST power cars have increased in price but the sound fitted ones haven't). The A1/A3/A4 pricing is also all over the place, especially Flying Scotsman (although not the bundle, which is still at the same price that it was when I ordered mine). I wondered if the extra cost for 4472 was due to the NRM licence cost, but then Mallard (which I think has the same or similar licence cost) is noticeably cheaper.

The pricing anomaly of the cheap DCC HST exec set appears resolved. It's been deleted from the website! Even searching for TT3022TXSM does not get a result.

Fortunately it still shows in my pre orders.

That’s one way to solve the issue I guess! 🤣 That model is not showing on Gaugemaster’s website either - interestingly though, the executive liveried analogue version is showing with a January 24 ETA. Blue/Grey HSTs showing as April 24.

I just looked to see if the 50s & 66s had suffered the same fate on the Hornby website but they’re still there at the old pricing.

Checked in incognito and they are still there. They don't have the HM7000 logo in the listing so easy to overlook.

Agree they are there now with 4 pages of loco listings.

At the time I checked there were only 3 pages of loco listings and no HM7000 class 43 packs showing. The price would have been the giveaway logo or no logo.

Maybe a website refresh was taking place at the time of my visit and when the Class 43 with decoders reappeared they forgot to add the logos back into the listings.

As an aside I wonder if the Executive version will reappear as it could be that Hornby have been so overwhelmed with pre orders for this version whilst the old price was still available that they are now oversold relative to their original batch ordered from the factory.

The TT9008 straight platform sections x2 per box, were initially priced at £12.99 per box, all sold out and have not been in stock since.

They then went up to £15.99 and are now showing to be £18.49 per box.

A £5.47 rise since the beginning of the year!!!

2x price rises without even new stock being listed.

What is going on here?

Just had an email to tell me that the TT3022TXSM - sound fitted Intercity Exec liveried Class 43 has been cancelled and offering me a 10% discount code as an apology (I presume that can be applied on top of other discounts etc). Not entirely sure what to do now.

Not clear why it's been cancelled or if any of the other sound fitted models have suffered a similar fate. The non-sound-fitted TT3022 is still available.

Peter, same email received here too. I was holding my breath thinking hornby may let a handful slip through but, alas not

Bad luck - t'would be interesting to know why. My musing generated:

• too few orders to justify the sound-fitted model
  • shortage of decoders means prioritising more popular models
  • mistake at Hornby meant too many customers ordering at a loss-making price

Is this the first TT listing to be cancelled?

The 10% discount cannot be applied on top of the TT club discount, which means it’s totally useless for the majority.

I cancelled my non-sound pre-order for the sound version, however I can’t just revert as the cost is now considerably more - nice

If the non sound versions are still available, it would point to a pricing issue that has lead to the set cancellation. Might be worth speaking directly to TT:120 brand manager (I use that term loosely) their email is floating around somewhere.

If the non sound versions are still available, it would point to a pricing issue that has lead to the set cancellation. Might be worth speaking directly to TT:120 brand manager (I use that term loosely) their email is floating around somewhere.

I imagine it was the brand manager who made the decision. It could be the pricing mistake that caused it, but the email says the model itself has been cancelled. A bit unfair on those (not me) who had ordered it before the price rise and now have to pay £50 extra for the analogue version.