Jeep thrills

I couldn't decide which area of the forum to post this - should it go into Military vehicles? If so, perhaps a Mod would be kind enough to move it...

Just to make a change from aircraft – and particularly those that require rigging! – I’ve had a bit of fun building the lovely little 1/72 Willys MB Jeep. Like most of the tiny vehicles, it’s got some fiddly little bits, but not many parts overall, so quite quick to complete. I found that Vallejo Dark Olive Drab (71.316) was about the right shade/colour for a D-Day Airborne vehicle. The only real elaboration was to drill out the lightening holes on the gun carriage, and also the gun barrel. I also added some ‘bedrolls’ to the trailer load. As for the paratroops, they came from the WW2 British Infantry set, with the helmets mainly carved off with a very sharp scalpel to sort of resemble berets. DP uniform was a mixture of Khaki, dark umber, rust red and sand in various random daubs! Eventually, this little set will be added to the D-Day diorama which is sitting waiting to be finished. I’ve added two pictures – broadly similar in view, but differentially focussed to show different areas more clearly. forum_image_649bf3b2b0f3b.png.672de2622600d4c04ba93b2b2237e858.pngforum_image_649bf3b5739ab.png.f3e43164b925d51a8b8e0e26ca520b55.png