R3985 P2-Lord President (packaging)

sxbiker

Today I received the above model, which is a streamlined P2 it is a lovely model. I haven't had time to run it yet.

One thing that surprised me was the packaging, Hornby have changed to a style that I normally expect to see on the more prestige models, such as Hornby Dublo diecast locos.

I wonder if Hornby intend to pack all their locos like this in the future. I hope so as it is far better than the usual cardboard sleeve that they use, being more durable etc.

I received mine today too and this is how some of the newest Hornby locos have come packaged. The Queen Jubilee, and both of my new 9F models have come with this new style of packaging.

It definitely is an improvement on how they used to package these very expensive items. If they can tackle the issue of items flopping around inside boxes that are obviously too big, I think they'll finally have nailed it.

My P2/2 Thane of Fife just arrived, and I was pleased to see that it came in the new style sturdy box and far better outer packaging as a courier protection method. This is in contast to a W1 I received just a few weeks ago where the cardboard box encased model was just rattling around in an oversized outer box. Fingers crossed that the new style packaging will be a feature of all newly launched models going forward.

I can say that having received 3 of the 4 new P2s that I am very impressed at how well and how seriously Hornby are taking packaging to protect these models now, not only with the larger more sturdy model box with the all round foam protection but having them in individual cardboard boxes with foam protection at the ends of the loco box and then being in a box for delivery, well done to those at Hornby who came up with these new protective boxes it’s long over due especially after reading about all the complaints about the damaged W1 locomotives during the release and delivery of the first versions of them

Hi

It looks like all new hornby loco packaging is very good with the deeper box's and foam on the top also the packaging they come in has vastly improved the box's all seem tight with the loco wrapped in bubblewrap.I remember receiving the Hush Hush loco and they came in a box with no filling in and the loco rattled around in the box hence there were a lot of complaints as a lot of these locos arrived to customers damaged not surprised with packing like that.