Bad Soldering Issue on HM7000-8TXS Cable Harness Black Wire

So is this a loco fault or a decoder failure as a result of a loco fault. In either case they need to go back to Hornby.

You may wish to amend your post title to something more descriptive of the fault before Fishy justifiably has a go at you.

Ref the returns, ring them up and they give you the returns number there and then.

Weird.. my title was far more detailed when I posted it.. decided in the end to simply resolder the unsoldered wire from the male 8 pin tsx to the tsx decoder PCB.. slight QC issue I think here.

I suspect what happened was as soon as the loco made contact with the track and the decoders loose black wire was flapping around during this operation it simply shorted.

I have now re soldered all the pads as they looked like they were done (let's be kind and say) in a hurry at the end of a long shift. (Though looking through magnifying glasses they look to be automated solders). I now realise though that it must have had some contact initially otherwise I wouldn't have been able to program it but it could only have been hangin on by a thread.