have you seen sam trains latest you tube post

happy tt

Incidentally, Peco, Tillig, Roku, Arnold and others were already at the party when Hornby joined.

Roco. I don't think my Roku Soundbridge music streamers count as TT:120 smiley

I watched Sam's vid. I'm certainly not a follower if his. On this occasion I think one throw-away comment about TT:120 based on lack of knowledge or verified facts doesn't really count for much in the grand scheme of things. Actually I'm pretty much with him on the Steampunk stuff. Just because there was a steampunk themed layout on that Model Railway Challenge program doesn't mean there'd suddenly be massive interest in these products but presumably some market research was carried out? A bit of a cop-out using uninspiring resin bodies on the cheapest chassis, and let's just glue some gears on buildings and drybrush some black and silver here and there. Lesson learned I guess.

@Moccasin, absolutely Peter, Pure Click Bait, by the way had a lovely cup of tea and a cake at the Staiths Cafe near you the other day while pedalling some of the old railway routes 😁
Yes Steam Punk was a punt that didn’t take, it used some altered old toolings so cheap way to put out a ‘new range’. TT:120 is quite different and he had been quite complimentary in the past about it, £1.5 m worth of sales in its first 1/4 (we know is 100% accurate) sounds really bad to me… not!
Spoke with a well known retailer yesterday who are stocking TT:120 and they said they are sold out already on many items and very impressed with quality. Meanwhile Sam is on his Mum’s carpet….

"Meanwhile Sam is on his Mum’s carpet…."

RallyMatt you crack me up! sweat_smile

I think little Sammy wasn't too impressed when he had a first look at TT120. With him not being able to properly fit decoders into his trains and with him using a wrong power supply which didn't help. So, I think he's still licking his wounds blush

But I do like the guy blush