Spare parts

Kerry-365112

Hi I was wondering when spare parts for the tt range will be available? I can see 32 pages of OO spares but nothing for tt I’ve got a Scotsman which has been dropped and in need of new wheels and valve gear surely if your going to create a new range you need to provide the spare parts to service it.

First thing to do is contact Hornby. They’ve been super helpful for me.

As for spares I’ve seen a guy called Peters spares on eBay selling off parts from A1/A4 chassis.

I think he’s buying 2nd hand and harvesting though and he’s sold all that he recently had listed.

it might be worth contacting him though.

*****Edit****

I used the words “I think” as I didn’t know.🤦‍♂️ Glad to hear he sells new/bagged TT120 parts. ☺️

here’s his link;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/peterssparesmodelrailwaysltd?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pNeR1BfYSGC&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=GEGSFj6JTW2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

NB Hornby gave me for free including the postage an item that Peter was selling (link bar) for £15 🤔

As for spares I’ve seen a guy called Peters spares on eBay selling off parts from A1/A4 chassis.

I think you will find he is a well established business not Jack-the-lad pulling stuff apart for spares. He even has his own pattern spares for obsolete Hornby bits. His only failing is his postage rebates.

https://www.petersspares.com/

Peters Spares is well established and well regarded. I've bought from them quite often for N gauge bits and pieces. Everything I've ever had have been genuine new parts. For example they took over the complete stock of spares for the old Peco/Rivarrossi Jubilee loco from the 1970s, and also took over the Dapol N spares previously held by DCC Supplies.

With my N gauge models I do sometimes make use of web sites such as Spur-N-Teile.de which I know salvage parts from broken models as well as selling new spares. With 40/50/60 year old models it's sometimes the only option.

Regarding Peters Spares postage: my tip is check their ebay listings, sometimes the ebay combined postage works out cheaper than ordering from the web site. I always price up from both sources and go with the cheaper option. The service is the same.

I think he’s buying 2nd hand and harvesting though and he’s sold all that he recently had listed.
it might be worth contacting him though as he might have some loco’s ready for stripping.

He does NOT strip for spares.
His Hornby TT parts are genuine sealed Hornby items with the part number on the label.
I have had many items of Hornby TT off him for projects and very quick postage and only one cheap postage rate included in an order, not multiple charges.

From what happens with OO, Hornby occasionally release spare parts to Spares retailers, from one spares Retailer I got the opinion that it is an "ad hoc" process. For someone like me who repairs locos it seems a weird system. Generally it seems that if there are parts left over from say a production run they sell them off as spare parts but sometimes it can take quite a while for them to appear. Peters Spares sells new spares if they are used, the website will say so. I sometimes complain about the postage but anyone that has sent something lately will find that they are reasonable. It is a pain if you order something for about £2.50 and then get stung for £5.00 post and packing, but he does post for next day rather than a week later as with some people on EBay. For OO I must admit I use other sources as everyone goes to Peters Spares so he always runs out.