Class 66 : Unable to Load Sound File

Wullie1707822452

First advice is to work through the troubleshooting guides - the links are at the top of the forum.

The 66 is the largest file currently available and will show up any deficiencies in your setup - try loading the 08, which is the smallest file, to test you are following the correct process.

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have tried to load the class 08 train runs ok but still no sound.

I have tried the speaker in another HM7000 train I have & it works ok.

When you go into manage Device all is Green no errors.

Profiles 08 & 66 seem to load up with no faults Bluetooth blue on all the time.

Tried Unlinking Deleting Device & relinking again.

I have loaded 3 other trains one is a 66 with HM7000 & working ok.

Many thanks for all your Help, Cheers Willie

I guess then after going thru’ all the processes that the decoder sound is duff, unless the volume slider has been set to off in error, although installing a new profile would have set volume to default level.

If it is duff contact Hornby and ask for a replacement, telling them which profile you want.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this might be helpful. I fitted a Power Bank to my KC3 Class 66 yesterday. It was easier to remove the TXS Decoder to plug in the power bank. When replacing the decoder it appeared to be a very sloppy fit (loose), the result being I had perfect sound but no movement. I noticed that the decoder was at a slight angle when fitted, so placed a small piece of folded card between the end of the decoder and the chassis under the decoder, there was just enough tension in the card to hold the decoder horizontal and everything worked fine. It might be possible to bend the pins so that there was more tension in the connection when fitting the decoder, but did not want to risk doing any damage so did not do this.

I pointed this out when these devices first came out, I fitted it to a Queen Elizabeth, yes that mega expensive one (well not to me) it was the only 21 pin loco I had. The screws holding my 21 PCB with the socket on, were round headed ones, I replaced them with countersunk ones and the 21 decoder, although not perfect sits better. Now on a P2 which I eventually moved the TXS decoder to, the decoder is upside down so the connector is not an issue.

I remember your posting that Colin.

Mods, sounds like one for feeding back to Hornby. If they are going to use hi-tech plugs and sockets, they need to work without bits of Lo-tech cardboard to support them, or having to replace mounting screws.

Or they could put cardboard and screws in the box!? Everything else is in there.

They know about the 21-pin problem Colin had Fishy, but not much you can do about retro fettling stuff already out the door. The OP is having problems with an 8-pin, likely due to poor tolerance of fit twixt pins and socket. I have squeezed the banks of plug pins towards each other just a tad to make it grip better.