Traction tyres perished

Percy-368100

Just dusted off my old Hornby set from 1994, a Caledonian steam train with 3 carriages, in order to introduce my children to the hobby only to find the traction tyres have perished and are slipping on both track and wheel. Hornby customer care say they can't help because the train is too old! Hoping to borrow from the wealth of knowledge here. What tyres do I need and where can I get 'em? Thanks, P.forum_image_65148840c5305.png.889ba6a65734eab054c88980018b987c.png

The part number for the traction tyre you need is M1144, in more recent years sold in a pack of 10 under pack number X8030.

Hornby no longer stock that pack and availability has dwindled at the main spares suppliers. However, as 96RAF says, Peters Spares has commissioned a replacement pack PS145.

If you have any other locos from the same era - UK rather than China production - the tyres also fit most of the A1, A3, A4, B17, D49, Black 5, Churchward County 4-4-0, Compound, Coronation, King, Patriot, Princess, Saint, Schools, 28xx 2-8-0 and 8F (there are a few exceptions).