LMSR 6202 (R30134) Turbomotive

I recently received the Hornby LMSR 6202 model, via Hatton’s.

I was stunned as I opened the shipping package, and the product packaging, so well done by both Hornby and Hatton’s to ensure it made the journey safely (Australia) it was a joy as it was opened up.

The actual model is beautiful at first glance, everything looked perfect, however on closer inspection of the cab detail and finish, I would say it was disappointing, points as follows:

• the crude removal of the knee guard on the drivers side, is very poor, nearly upsetting, as it is a left over from the standard Princess Royal Class cab.
  • the reverser screw gear is incorrect for 6202, and would have been better left off this build.
  • when comparing this 6202 (R30134) with 6201 (R3709) the detailing and quality/finish of the 6201 cab does exceed that of the 6202.

Notwithstanding pricing difference of each product, these issues require attention on future batches to ensure brand sustainability, and loyalty.

On an up note, there appears to be real progress regarding colour matching across the different materials which make up the model, this together with the promoted features, I am sure will be well received.

Sharp observations.

I'm a Turbomotive fan and had no idea of these details, so I suppose it will depend on how relevant it is to the owner / purchaser.

Besides the point I know - Cavalex and Accurascale strive to ensure all minute details and variations are applied. Agreed, it's about time Hornby 'came to the party', particularly with their elevated pricing point.

Al.