Information about the TGG layout operating application (expressions of interest) - applications now closed.

96RAF

Edit - the TGG group is now at capacity and no further applications of interest are being accepted. If the situation changes this post will be updated.

This topic is about TGG, which is an operating system similar to Railmaster.

This thread may be used to further discuss the topic.

TGG only runs on a Windows platform and only uses a Hornby Elite and/or eLink as its interface controller. A Select controller may be used as a Walkabout slave attachment to an Elite master controller.

It does not work with any other controller type and does not support any handheld devices, networking or decoders operating in Bluetooth mode. It is pure DCC.

TGG is presently well developed and is currently being used by a small closed group.

To gain access to download the application, please make that known to Ray or myself. A further link will be provided to the application download.

Once you have the application you will be invited to join the TGG Teams chat support group where day to day discussions take place between group members.

These links allow you to view the user manuals both for TGG and the electrical isolation kit recommended for use with loco detection.

TGG user manual https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AGJ8dDMy6g6mO90&cid=ADD3D0077E6DBB11&id=ADD3D0077E6DBB11%2119865&parId=ADD3D0077E6DBB11%2119864&o=OneUp

Isolation Kit user manual https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AGJ8dDMy6g6mO90&cid=ADD3D0077E6DBB11&id=ADD3D0077E6DBB11%2119880&parId=ADD3D0077E6DBB11%2119864&o=OneUp

I am one of the fortunate current test users of TGG.

TGG has really changed how i interact with my layout. If I simply want to run a loco, TGG allows for control of all normal locomotive functions.

However, with TGG being location based via track sensors, TGG always knows where the locomotives are!

This ability allows for simple programming of automated running. If something goes amiss like a derailment or stall, TGG operation “waits” until the issue is corrected and then operation can resume.

The automated running allows one to sit back and enjoy one’s layout and dream up new schedules!

Worth making into a sticky, Rob? I can see it moving quickly down the list and out of sight otherwise. I am considering declaring an interest if only for to see how it all functions.

In brief it can import a previous RM setup in toto and convert those files to TGG files, or a user can start from scratch.

It has a track plan builder, multiple throttles and an interactive track plan to operate locos and points/signals manually, as well as plain English scripted programs that allow for auto-running.

Additional features are ability to identify a decoder and read and write to CVs, measure loco speed between nominated sensors and tell of that in MPH versus speed steps, voice operation, loco detection by way of track mounted 2-wire sensors and a cheap UK made collector box connected to the PC running TGG.

There is an editor for programs and assembling programs into schedules.

Additional hardware is available to provide complete electrical isolation of sensors against a short to track potential, say due to a derail or installation error, which could damage the collector box and likely also the PC. The kit integrates the collector box and uses fibre optics to cut down on most of the wiring twixt sensors and PC and also allows the use of various 3-wire sensors. The kit is available in a format suitable for under-board or on top of board mounting.

Programs are sensor based events that employ sensor based interlocking to prevent collisions. Schedules are a string of associated programs that deploy in sequence.

This sounds like what I have been looking for even though I don't have a layout yet I have played with RM a little, how are the sensors in the track connected to the PC?
thanks
Dukedog

TGG really needs a layout to be of much use. It doesn’t really have a demo mode as such.

Sensors connect by way of a Leo Bodnar BBI-32 switch box, which connects to the PC with a USB cable.

https://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=205&zenid=128b83ad63dd910a17716d83ebfc6518

Although the more advanced electrical isolation kit integrates the connector-less version of the BBI-32 into a pluggable motherboard. More info on that at the appropriate time.

Obviously not aware of what you have used before, but TGG is very straightforward and easy to program. No difficult coding language for instance. The manual sets it all out very plainly.

As we are not privy to personal contact details the manual can be obtained using 96RAF’s website email. Your interest will then be forwarded to Ray for action. R-

I can confirm that TGG works extremely well with TrainTech signals, SmartScreen and Crossing. RM still has many problems with TT signals but TGG exhibits no such issues.

Ray's SmartScreen message programming interface makes the setup of SmartScreens so much easier too.

I am very interested in find out more information about TGG. As i have said previously, I have been running Railmaster for about 14 years and have been patiently waiting for Loco Detection to be released since it was first announced.

My layout is currently dismantled - to keep my other half happy, i have to give up playing trains during the summer. I will be getting it up and running again in the next two weeks.

BarryO

As we are not privy to personal contact details the manual can be obtained using 96RAF’s website email. Your interest will then be forwarded to Ray for action. R-

Slight update to the above. A specific URL will be created which will enable access to the manual [not the software] and will be posted in this thread. This will enable the reader to have sight of how TGG works. Questions can then be raised on here or directly to Rob using the link shown in his signature. R-

I am very interested in find out more information about TGG. As i have said previously, I have been running Railmaster for about 14 years and have been patiently waiting for Loco Detection to be released since it was first announced.
BarryO

Barry - as Rog has just posted Ray is going to put up a direct link to the user manual which tells of everything about TGG, screen by screen.

Once folk have had a read that and decided TGG is for them further contact can be via me to Ray and the group.

The link takes me straight to manual - without requiring sign-in or OneDrive account. (Safari on iPhone)

Which is what should happen.

@Rog[RJ] do you get the same result using the MRF link RAF supplied? R-

I don't have a OneDrive account or any other cloud storage (don't trust the security), but that said, the first link worked 100% OK for me and downloaded the PDF to my local drive with no issue.

Used my Android tablet if that makes a difference, will try my PC for the DL tomorrow (if I remember to), but I don't expect any different experience.