2025 Wish List

Susanna Viljanen

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice to see decent Luftwaffe, Italian, Russian and Japanese WW 2 airfield re-supply sets like the USAAF and RAF ones.

Would also be nice to have something more recent say Cold War/Nato and post 2000.

• 1 month later...

Probably not for 2025 but it would be great to see a Fairey Swordfish in 1/24. Another space saver like the Hellcat if you like modelling in this scale.

Might not be too difficult to articulate the wings either.

Only 2ft longer than the Hellcat and wingspan is about 3ft more but I'd have these folded back.

Now the Mosquito...that was massive and I couldn't fold the wings on that one 🙂

Fair point but that would be a revisited kit kit and the swordfish would have to be a new mould as it hasn't been done before by airfix, but would it be too complicated if you think of all the small parts and the intricacies like wing spars and the Bristol peagasus radial on the front.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it's mostly wartime heavies...

• Handley Page Halifax - B.I/B.III. The B.III is pretty much the definitive Halifax, although I'd settle for a B.I
  • Short Stirling - B.I/B.III. - I'm sure conversion parts to make it into a glider tug could be included.
  • Avro Lincoln - B.II. Been a Lincoln fan since seeing RF398 up close at Cosford as a kid, and many times since. So a B.II in that scheme would be my preference.

An Avro Manchester would be nice to sit alongside the Wellington and Whitley that's currently available too.

Seems odd to me that there's no Handley Page Victor to complete the V-Bomber trio either.

• Like 1

Good call for the Halifax, though the type is a veritable minefield of details over its career. Another plus, as I’m struggling through a conversion kit right now, for the Manchester. An important and always overlooked aircraft that deserves some more love.

Italeri has done the Stirling not that long ago, so while I’d like to see it I doubt Airfix will want to tread on toes too soon.

I'm pretty sure the HP Victor is in the range. It isn’t current, but I’ve seen builds of it on various forums.

Other manufacturers have covered some old Airfix favourites like the Stirling, Sunderland and B29, but I can't remember any mainstream firm covering the Lincoln. It would be great to see a Lincoln and a re-tooled Halifax from Airfix.

Regarding the Victor, I bought all three V bombers in a bundle a few months ago, it was good value.

On 14/07/2024 at 22:31, jopres57 said:

Other manufacturers have covered some old Airfix favourites like the Stirling, Sunderland and B29, but I can't remember any mainstream firm covering the Lincoln. It would be great to see a Lincoln and a re-tooled Halifax from Airfix.

Regarding the Victor, I bought all three V bombers in a bundle a few months ago, it was good value.

I know Italeri currently offers two different 1:72 Stirling kits, as well as a Sunderland.

I'm holding off though in the hope Airfix re-release the Stirling. 

7 hours ago, BomberDude said:

I know Italeri currently offers two different 1:72 Stirling kits, as well as a Sunderland.

I'm holding off though in the hope Airfix re-release the Stirling. 

A re-release of Sunderland, Stirling or Halifax as Vintage Classics would be welcome if no new molds appear 

Agree with everyone for the Avro Lincoln & to a lesser extent the Manchester. (1/72)

Would really like to see a new tool Fairey Battle (1/72)

New tool Avro Anson (1/72), shouldn't be too difficult as the tooling has already been done in 1/48.

A new tool Hampden would be great too. (1/72)

I agree too that a Victor to complete the V bomber series would be a definite preference. (1/72)

New tool Javelin, Hunter & Tornado would be great too. (1/72)

• Like 1

1/72 needs:

- a modern Hunter that covers the main marks

- It also needs a few different versions of the A-4. The current mould is only good for the earlier marks so I have no interest in it. Investing in extra parts for the A-4 E/F/K/M etc would be quite profitable as the current options are quite elderly for them.

- Side by side Canberra

- Retooled version of current Halifax mark

- Anson

- Oxford

- Harvard / Texan

- Harvard / Texan II (multiple users RAF/RNZAF/USAF/RCAF and others)

I seem to recall that half way through last year we had a kit released to complement those that appear in January. I thought this was a good idea because it breaks up the long wait for new kits. Just wondered if anyone has heard of anything similar this year.

On 23/07/2024 at 17:45, jopres57 said:

I seem to recall that half way through last year we had a kit released to complement those that appear in January. I thought this was a good idea because it breaks up the long wait for new kits. Just wondered if anyone has heard of anything similar this year.

We just had the 1/24 Spitfire VIII as an unannounced release, let's hope there's more to follow. 

Edited by Pretty Mediocre Modeller

2 hours ago, Pretty Mediocre Modeller said:

We just had the 1/24 Spitfire VIII as an unannounced release, let's hope there's more to follow. 

That's a good point that I hadn't thought about. I don't pay much attention to the 1/24 kits, and there's obviously not as much publicity about a new release as last year.

Edited by jopres57

Just noticed that this new 1/24 Spitfire VIII (A17002) has now replaced the A17001 Mk IXc as A17001 no longer appears.  But the Mk.VIII is still only available in the bundle with the coin.  so 17001 has gone but 17002 isn't there yet.