Alternative motor W1 (BR)

I do not recall any other owners reporting this problem on the forum so your loco may not be running properly for a reason other than a weak motor.

I would speak with the retailer from whom you purchased the loco regarding a replacement, or with Hornby's customer service people.

I am sure that is wrong it has got to be a duff motor, I have one of these, admittedly from when they were first released and it seems ok. I have never taken mine apart to look at the motor. I think in this case it may be a call to Hornby Customer Services.

@RE

If a you purchase a new product and it is faulty or not fit for purpose then under the Sale of Goods Act (2015), unless you bought the product direct from the manufacturer, your first recourse is to the retailer, even before contacting the manufacturer's customer service. Don't even think about fixing the problem yourself. You could end up invalidating the warranty.

Contact the seller if you can. If new ask to replace / refund - I suppose it depends how long you've had it.

I've an 'early logo 60700 B.R.' and the motor is fine - not super powerful but can get 8x super detailed Hornby teaks plus a Rapido dynamometer car up to a decent speed.

What power controller are you using?

How much power does she need - running light and with coaches, to start continuously moving? How does this compare with other locomotives in your collection?

Al.

Any update on this?

Mine is running great.

I use a Gaugemaster 'D' power supply / controller. 30 has her hauling the 9 coaches slowly and smoothly, 40 a fair bit better, 50 is the equivalent of perhaps 55-50 mph.

Al.