New Hornby 8F.

ColinB

I was trying to find the latest Service Sheet for the 8F, that references R3564. The only one I can find is 261d on both the New Modellers and Hornby sites. Service sheet 261d refences the older models before they added the decoder to the tender. Any idea if Hornby posted a later one?

15 minutes ago, Going Spare said:

No, they haven't.  One of very many that are well out of date and have not kept up to date with developments across the last 5 years or more. 

Thanks, I did wonder.

1 hour ago, David-1322485 said:

Well looking at this, old tooling and a moulded smokebox door dart!  I think they are having a laugh at this price.

I know from a thread I started on RMWeb. I thought the price was a bit expensive before I even knew about the moulded smokebox door. I knew my really old one didn't have it so I found out what the last versions they sold were, they were R3564 and R3565 and they definitely didn't have it. It has to be a mistake on their part. I was looking up the Service sheet to see what the part numbers were for the decoder in tender, tender, but there is only one service sheet which is years out of data. Fortunately it is the same as a Black 5.

1 hour ago, David-1322485 said:

And now I've noticed the old pony truck!!!!!   

I did wonder about that and whether the previous model had a better one. Looking at it, it looks like it is virtually the same as the Fowler 4P Tank one and that has the latest NEM pocket. Even for a cynic like me, I honestly don't think Hornby meant to do it, was it a new guy that looked up the out of date Service Sheet? I assume it has the modern tender arrangement with the decoder in the tender. I am not even sure I would want it if it was greatly reduced. Anyway I bought the previous model off EBay. Perhaps SK had to go, he would never have signed that off.